Providing a safe work environment for cast, crew and everyone involved in motion picture and television production is a priority of the industry. To that end, Contract Services:
- Streamlines training and sets a consistent high industry-wide standard.
- Provides a firm foundation to complement safety training provided by studios and training trust funds.
- Ensures training is relevant and up to date.
- Responds by adding new courses when safety and skill topics emerge in the workplace.
- Helps industry employees develop skillsets that enhance their competitiveness and hiring potential.
- Provides meaningful economies of scale, eliminating redundancy.
- Works to build a culture of safety throughout the industry.
It is through the continued support of our training programs by the Producers and the unions that we have been able to play our part in cementing the culture of safety, well-being and skills enhancement in Los Angeles and beyond.
“We were very impressed by the strong commitment of the movie industry to worker safety, as evidenced by your excellent training program and facilities. I have no doubt that through the training Contract Services provides, many, many injuries have been prevented, and probably lives have been saved as well.”
Assistant Secretary, Occupational Safety and
Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor