Contract Services operates a variety of training programs for the motion picture and television industry. These include:
- Safety Training through the "Safety Pass" program
- Harassment Prevention Training (HP1 and HP2)
- COVID-19 Prevention Training (C19)
- Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Training (RCAN)
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Hours of Service Training (Teamsters, Local #399)
- Roster “Upgrade” Training (IATSE Locals #706 and #800)
- A Skills Training reimbursement program
Providing a safe work environment for cast, crew and everyone involved in motion picture and television production is a priority of the industry. Contract Services furthers this goal in many ways, by:
- Streamlining training and setting a consistent industry-wide standard of excellence.
- Providing a firm foundation to complement safety training provided by studios and other training trust funds.
- Ensuring training is relevant and up to date.
- Responding to changes in the industry with new courses as needed.
- Helping industry employees develop and enhance their skills through a robust Skills Training program.
- Providing meaningful economies of scale, eliminating redundancy.
- Working to build a culture of safety throughout the industry.
Thanks to the continued support of our training programs by industry Producers and unions, we have been able to play our part in promoting the culture of safety, well-being and skills enhancement in Los Angeles and beyond.
“We were very impressed by the strong commitment of the movie industry to worker safety, as evidenced by your excellent training program and facilities. I have no doubt that through the training Contract Services provides, many, many injuries have been prevented, and probably lives have been saved as well.”
Assistant Secretary, Occupational Safety and
Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor